“For now, we can only see darkly, as though we’re looking through a mirror, but a time is coming when we will see clearly, face to face.” 1 Corinthians 13:12a
December 31, 2018
A Note from Dee:
The Chickadee Nest has been active for a full year now, and what a year it has been! First of all, I wanted to thank you, my faithful readers, in taking the time to be here! Thank you for participating on the Chickadee Nest Facebook and Pinterest pages, thank you for your kind comments, clicks, and encouragements that help keep this little page up and going. Thanks for hanging in there with me this first year as I’ve tried some experiments, as I “felt-out” our niche. Thank you for ignoring any things that may have been less-than-professional this first year as I learned my way out in the great-big blogging world. Thanks for bumping up our numbers and giving The Chickadee Nest a little bit of clout out there.
Personally, I learned a lot about all the behind-the-scenes goings-on in the blogging world. There’s so much more to running a blog these days than just writing something and posting it, and learning all the ins and outs could be a full-time job in itself! Thank you for your continued support as I keep learning the ropes to make this the best little Chickadee Nest blog out there; to help keep us focused on the things that matter in life and to keep our priorities in order: Faith, family, and making a point to promote a peaceful, productive, intentional life.
Looking forward: I am excited to see what the new year brings for the Chickadee Nest! I have some long-term “would-like-to-dos” (I’m not quite confident enough to call them goals yet! ha!) for the new year. Here’s a taste, and maybe next New Year’s blog will cover whether or not we were able to get them accomplished!
- A series on living intentionally from a guest blogger.
- Touching base with our Homeschooling readers: Curriculum updates, learning how to tell your student’s learning styles, how to determine your teaching style
- Chickadee Nest’s first-ever Giveaway! (Stay tuned for more details, this will be exciting!)
- Updates on seasonal activities throughout the year: Spring organizing, getting the garden ready for planting, tips on teaching your kidlets how to swim! Maybe some updates on a few of our DIY projects!
- How to embrace hospitality, (even if you’re an Introvert like me!)
- Time management and why it’s so important
- More of our family’s favorite recipes! (I may even throw a few low-carb recipes out there as well if there’s interest!)
I am looking forward to a wonderful 2019! What things would be interesting or helpful to you, as a Chickadee Nest reader? I’d love to learn more about the things that interest you!
Check out these other posts: