1. My husband. Computer Guy spends most of his time working for us. He’s away from home, sacrificing his time and effort to keep a warm roof over our heads, food on the table, and things we need, like homeschool curriculum supplied for the kidlets. Since I don’t work like moms in most families these days, he gets double-duty pressure piled on him about keeping up with finances and all that adulting stuff. He is great with the kids, awesome in helping RocketBoy with his math (that’s already waaay over my head!) and is a wonderful Dad. I don’t know what we would do without him. We have been blessed!
2. My kidlets. My three kidlets are my joy. I love being able to watch them grow both physically, emotionally and intellectually every day. I love that they are so unique, even though they are sometimes so much alike. I love learning their ever-evolving likes and dislikes, and I love getting to watch them succeed.
3. My faith. I am so thankful that my parents raised me to know the love of God. I didn’t exactly understand how it all worked while I was growing up, but the Lord let me to people later in life who were great examples of what is meant to “Walk the Walk” and not just talk-the-talk. I am beyond grateful for the sacrifice that Jesus made for me. I am awed and amazed that God, the mighty creator of Heaven & Earth itself loves little insignificant me enough to make a plan, from before human-recognized time began, to save me. (And you!) It’s too much to think about. I am also very thankful for our church, and for the friends we have there.
4. Homeschooling. Without getting too political, I am so thankful that I am able to lead my children’s education. We are not forced to send them to any particular school that may or may not teach things that are contrary to our beliefs. We can challenge our kids in ways that we wouldn’t get the chance to otherwise. We can custom-tailor their educations to especially include those things that they have passion for. I get to watch them learn and grow and make new discoveries. It’s a wonderful thing.
5. I am thankful for family. I am thankful for my parents. I am thankful for the sacrifices they made for us while we were growing up. I am thankful to have my parents and ComputerGuy’s living nearby so that the kidlets will get to know and be able to spend time with their grandparents. I am thankful we have a loving family, there are so many these days that are dysfunctional. I am thankful that we get to be with family on holidays, to make memories with them.
These are just a few things that I’m thankful for, and that I’m thanking the Lord for today as we celebrate Thanksgiving. (And I’m thankful that I don’t have to cook this year! We are going to a restaurant for the first time ever on a Thanksgiving!) What are you thankful for today?
Give thanks to the God of heaven,
for his steadfast love endures forever.
Check out these other posts: